Data Management Specialist – Role Description
The Data Management Specialist provides support on projects under the guidance of an Associate Director/Director. S/he works on managing and processing the large data streams of energy and sustainability metrics that CodeGreen collects, reviews, analyzes, and interprets for our clients. S/he works to streamline CodeGreen’s data management processes and continuously improve our quality assurance protocols.
- Oversee data management/quality assurance process
- Advise on over-arching internal data architecture & design
- Develop internal/external documentation to standardize processes for data management
- Coordinate and process data streams across project teams
- Under supervision, design and execute complex analytics projects that involve data collection and analysis for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas
- Contribute to problem solving and process design efforts
- Identify and document data anomalies and uncertainties
- Verify processes align with established standards
- Assist in advancing and developing specific aspects of departments, horizontals and/or subgroups
- Superb organization and time-management skills
- Management of data from various, disparate sources, including utility websites, ethernet-enabled hardware,
- paper scans & invoices, publicly available data sources/APIs, etc.
- Experience with relational database development, including Microsoft Access and MySQL required.
- PDF Manipulation/OCR/Data Extraction
- Web crawling / Scraping of websites, including third party software tools such as Selenium
- Excel VBA, and at least one other popular scripting language (i.e. – Ruby, Python).
- R or similar statistical software a plus
- Experience working on energy and sustainability projects a plus
- 2-3 years of project management experience a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Understanding of quality control protocols, statistical analysis, and deviation analysis.
- Basic web development skills with experience deploying simple web portals for client access to various
- Experience with time-series databases (i.e. TempoDB) preferred
- Commensurate with experience
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.